Language Arts – 6th, 7th and 8th Grades
Mosaic Middle School, a small 6-8 Expeditionary Learning private school in Gary, IN, is seeking teachers. This person will report to the Head of the School. The position offers full medical and dental benefits.
Applications for this position are accepted: From 3/5/2012 To (OPEN)
Mosaic Schools Job Description
SALARY: $29,000 – $40,000
POSITION: Language Arts – 6th, 7th and 8th Grades
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches skills utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Trustees and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in subject matter specific in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Adapts material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils.
- Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil.
- Encourages pupils to think independently and to express original ideas.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Communicates with parents and other concerned individuals on pupil
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned
- Administers or monitors group tests.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Seeks to involve parents/corporation/industry and community in education of youth.
- Valid Indiana teaching certificate in Science or Bachelors in Science certified by the American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence.
- Evidence of exemplary classroom teaching experience.
- A special commitment to helping urban students to succeed; with an emphasis on urban schools representing a variety of socioeconomic levels, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with administrators, teachers, parents and community/corporate groups.
- Ability to work well as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Willingness to spend the additional time needed to effectively meet the challenges, objectives, and purposed of the school.
- Ability to be a warm, caring hard worker dedicated to human growth and
Indiana State Law, effective July 9, 2009, requires criminal record checks of job applicants under final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Indiana Bureau of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The records check is performed at the applicant’s expense and any employment offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
Mosaic Schools is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additionally, Mosaic Schools values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.